The Bojangles’ Coliseum
Bojangles' Coliseum Upcoming Schedule And Tickets
The Bojangles Coliseum is a historic venue that features hockey games, bull riding competitions, figure skating, family-friendly entertainment and a variety of other ticketed entertainment events for people living in North Carolina. The coliseum was first opened in 1955 and functioned as the Charlotte area's primary entertainment and sports facility before closing in 1988.
It was reopened in 1993 after some refurbishing. It has gone under many names over the years including Cricket Arena, Independence Arena, and Charlotte Coliseum. Nowadays it is home to the developmental hockey affiliate team the Charlotte checkers, which is a subsidiary of the professional NHL team the Carolina Hurricanes.
The Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority (CRVA) helps to support Bojangles Coliseum by providing marketing, development, and venue management specialties for the North Carolina and more local Charlotte area.
Bojangles Coliseum Tour
2700 E Independence Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28205
Phone number: (704) 372-3600
What Are Bojangles' Customers Saying?
- One rock 'n' roll fan who's been to the Bojangles Coliseum a bunch of times says that on the whole it's a relatively average venue with overpriced drinks and not enough bathrooms.
- A hockey fan who purchased front row seats praised the selection of food and beer but said the restrooms need more upkeep to keep them stocked with paper towels and soap.
- Yet another hockey fan you judiciously checked the seating chart prior to purchasing a ticket for a Checkers hockey match says that the eight dollar fee for parking is a little bit pricey and that purchasing food at the concessions does take a long time. This is primarily because the concessions workers were somewhat disorganized and not prepared for the intermission onslaught of hungry hockey fans. Overall, she says, if you're looking for something to do in Charlotte, especially family-friendly entertainment, catching a hockey match is not a bad option.
- Yet another hockey fan discussed the $16 million renovation of the Bojangles Coliseum and said that the scoreboard is functional, the lighting has enhanced the viewer experience, the sound system has been improved, and now the seating is wider and features cupholders. On the downside, echoing previous attendee criticism, eight dollars for parking is viewed as somewhat expensive and traffic has a habit of backing up onto local area streets. If you don't want to pay for food in the arena, or just want some additional variety, ticket buyers recommend visiting the Plaza Midwood which is less than a 10-minute drive away and features different restaurants.
- A Greensboro North Carolina wrestling fan bought tickets for the Holy Angels wrestling tournament. She did run into some difficulty with a ticket agent and credit card transactions.
- A metal music fan said he attended a rock concert there and said the acoustics were decent, though he did complain that the concert was general admission in a seated venue, which meant a lot of chaos as concert attendees were shuttled in and had to scramble for seating.
Recent Bojangles' Performing Artists
Casting Crowns, Danny Gokey, and Unspoken, LIL HOOD, 8ball & MJG, Pastor Troy, Mystikal, Bun B, Trick Daddy, Juvenile, and Legends of Southern Hip Hop,The Avett Brothers, The Chainsmokers, Anthony Hamilton, Martin Lawrence, Tool, Primus, and 3TEETH, August Alsina and Peewee Longway, Charlie Wilson and Kem, Israel & New Breed and Jamie Grace, Keith Sweat.