The Spectrum Center
Upcoming Schedule And Tickets
The Spectrum Center (previously Time Warner Cable Arena) is an indoor venue situated in center city Charlotte, North Carolina. It is owned and operated by the city of Charlotte and run by its primary tenant, the NBA's Charlotte Hornets. Opened up in October 2005, the stadium can host 19,077 for NBA games but could be extended to seat up to 20,200 for NCAA basketball games.
Spectrum Center Hotels & Flights
333 East Trade St
Charlotte, NC 28202
Phone number (844) 854-1450
Touring The Spectrum Center
What Are Customers Saying?
The Spectrum Center in Charlotte North Carolina is one of the premier destinations for out-of-town tourists and local area residents. One hip-hop fan bought tickets to this concert venue and told us that the arena was clean, the restrooms were well-maintained, though the food was pretty expensive.
- A Hornets season ticket holder, a Michael Jordan fan, criticized recent changes to the fan giveaways saying that they aren't as generous as they used to be. As well, he appreciates the digital check-in- though dislikes having to go through the metal detectors.
- Another Charlotte Hornets fan likes how centrally located the sporting arena is in downtown Charlotte, and says that you can find parking for free on the street or up to $15 at a local parking garage.
- A rap music fan went to the Bruno Mars concert said that the stadium is an excellent venue for watching music performances as well as taking in basketball games. It also functions as a center for family-friendly entertainment with one reviewer saying they took their niece to the circus- though they found the line was way too long and slow moving.
- A rock 'n' roll fan said that the arena is incredibly spacious, but be forewarned that large crowds cause traffic congestion before and after the show.
- A Charlotte Hornets season ticket holder praises the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the arena, but does wish that there was more entertainment provided during game breaks.
- If you're looking for a comedy show in Charlotte, North Carolina, make sure you check for upcoming tickets because one reviewer said he had an amazing time at the Spectrum Center at a recent comedy festival.
- Another rock music fan said they went to the Stevie Nicks concert at the Spectrum Center, which was actually first called the Time Warner Cable Arena- they said that they got VIP treatment because he had purchased floor seats for the show.
- An NBA fan said they had a great experience there- the employees were super helpful and went out of their way to introduce themselves.
- Another Charlotte, North Carolina resident described it as the ideal destination if you're looking for music, sports and family entertainment in the Carolinas region.
- A hip-hop fan who went to the venue to see Chris Brown said that the floor level seating wasn't ideal- for this particular show it was shoulder to shoulder bench seating without any room for dancing.
- A monster truck fan went to the monster jam event. The arena showcased massive trucks doing flips and wheelies over mounds of dirt. A hockey fan tells us that depending on the event you're going to, the line can get pretty long as security checks bags and waves a metal detecting wand over you.
Recent Performing Artists
BABYMETAL, Boy Squad,Bruno Mars,Carrie Underwood, Easton Corbin, and The Swon Brothers, CHIC and Earth, Wind & Fire, Chris Brown, 50 Cent, O.T. Genasis, Fabolous, and Kap G,Chris Tomlin, Big Daddy Weave, Phil Wickham, Zach Williams, and Mosaic MSC,Dolly Parton,Ed Sheeran and James Blunt,Halsey, PartyNextDoor, and Charli XCX,J. Cole,Kendrick Lamar,Lionel Richie and Mariah Carey,Maxwell, Mary J. Blige, and Ro James, Neil Diamond, New Kids On The Block, Paula Abdul, and Boyz II Men, P. Diddy, Faith Evans, Lil' Kim, Mase, 112, Total, Carl Thomas, The Lox, French Montana, and DMX,Salt-N-Pepa, Color Me Badd, Coolio, Tone-Lōc, Rob Base, and Vanilla Ice, Salt-N-Pepa, Color Me Badd, Coolio, Tone-Lōc, Rob Base, and Vanilla Ice,Shawn Mendes, DNCE, Hailee Steinfeld, Alessia Cara, Charli XCX, and JoJo,The Weeknd,Trans-Siberian Orchestra.