The Durham Performing Arts Center
Upcoming Schedule And Tickets
Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) is an award-winning entertainment venue for those live music enthusiasts who want to enjoy the biggest shows on the tour. Located in the American Tobacco History District in Durham, North Carolina, DPAC offers spectacular sightlines, state-of-the-art sound, easy freeway access, and a parking lot.
Moreover, the Durham Performing Arts Center is only 10 minutes away from Raleigh-Durham International Airport so you can get off your flight and be there in time for the show. Also, the venue offers a special behind the scene tour on the first Monday of the month.
Durham Performing Arts Center hosts concerts, Broadway shows, comedy and family shows and allows you to experience live music as you’ve never experienced it before.
123 Vivian St
Durham, NC 27701
Phone number: (919) 680-2787
Top 10 Hotels Near Durham Performing Arts Center
Flights To Durham's Durham Performing Arts Center
Touring The Durham Performing Arts Center
What Are Durham Performing Arts Center Visitors Saying?
- One live music fan, who parked nearby the venue, describes Durham Performing Arts Center as intimate, posh, entertaining and customer orientated. The reviewer adds that the venue not that big, but that’s not a bad thing because you can see your favorite performers and shows up close. He also observes that the bathrooms are clean and that the place has been renovated recently and has new carpeting and seat coverings. The ticket price, according to him, is a bit higher than similar venues, but the shows are amazing.
- A resident of Durham, North Carolina, who surprised his girlfriend by purchasing tickets for a show, states that he is very impressed with DPAC and that the building is gorgeous both on the inside and the outside. He also mentions that the staff was friendly, helpful and polite and that he and his girlfriend found their seats very easy. The reviewer concludes that he will definitely visit another show in the venue and advises that you try one of the nearby restaurants for a bite before the show.
- A yet another musical enthusiast, who was staying in a hotel nearby, observes that the Chicago musical was magnificent and that the experience was unforgettable. He states that there was enough parking space available even though Durham Performing Arts Center is in the middle of a bustling district. The visitor also praises the sightlines and states that there is not a single bad seat. You’ll have a good view of the stage regardless of your place.
- A music fan, who regularly books flights to Durham, North Caroline, shares that Durham Performing Arts Center is his favorite place to watch musicals. The ticket buyer adds that he has attended many quality shows and he has never been disappointed. The seats are very comfortable, and the snack bar offers plenty of drinks and snacks during the intermissions.
- A visitor who watch “The Book of Mormon” and “How Grinch Stole Christmas” says that the atmosphere is cozy and relaxed and that he was offered complimentary coffee during the shows. The reviewer also notes that the venue has student priced tickets, but there is a service fee if you purchased tickets on the phone.
- One more DPAC regular customer remarks that every detail is top-notched and that the staff is always available to serve your drinks or help you find your seat. He observes that there are concession stands on all three floors, but the alcohol is expensive. The reviewer highly recommends it if you want to watch Broadway shows because the acoustic is perfect.
- Another live music fan shares that he signed up for season tickets right after he watched “The Lion King” and that it was one of his best decisions. According to him, Durham Performing Arts Center is well-maintained, clean and organized. What’s more, you have a great view of the stage even from the cheap seats. He recommends that you park at the nearby American Tobacco Campus.