Upcoming Schedule And Tickets
Kings in Raleigh, North Carolina is a live music venue, which opened doors for the first time in 1999. It quickly became a hot spot for music enthusiasts with its excellent selection of national and local acts. The place continued to gain popularity and improve its facilities until 2007 when the original Kings was demolished.
However, the owners re-opened the venue in 2010 at a new place. The new Kings features a large stage, floating walls, steel and pine bar, and an improved sound system for a quality musical experience. The basement level hosts a separate bar called Neptunes. There you can enjoy some custom cocktails with handmade, locally produced ingredients. You can also grab a bite at the street level restaurant Garland.
You can visit Kings’ website to check the upcoming events and performers. Most shows are all ages unless otherwise specified. But you’ll have to pay $2 surcharge if you’re under 21.
14 W Martin St
Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone number (919) 833-1091
Top 10 Hotels Near Kings
Flights To Kings
Touring The Kings
What Are Kings Visitors Saying?
- A ticket purchaser, who was staying in a nearby hotel, observes that the atmosphere in Kings is intimate, friendly and full of energy. The reviewer also notes that the staff is attentive and polite and that the place offers tasty food. She warns that the shows sometimes start later than announced and you might have to wait a bit.
- Another resident of Raleigh, North Carolina states that the acoustics is perfect and that the place is cool and well-managed. He adds that there is plenty of room to move on the second floor and that you won’t feel crowded. And the drinks are reasonably priced and tasty.
- Another live music fan says that Kings is the best place to enjoy shows and concerts in Raleigh, North Carolina and that it always books quality acts that don’t disappoint. The ticket buyer also observes that there is a water dispenser near the bar where you can get some free water. However, he warns that it’s slightly tricky to navigate to the bar when the place is full.
- A country fan, who parked near the venue, comments that he was blown away by the music experience and that you have to check country night if you’re a fan. He also says that the place is big enough to drink and dance and that the Neptunes bar has a unique vibe. The reviewer also mentions that the owners and the staff are great and attentive to their customers.
- Recent performers include: Dexter Romweber, Vesperteen, BoneLang, and Amy guess, The Coke Dares, Kooley High, The Effects, DJ Earl, Naked Naps, Pullover, and Zephyranthes, Diet Cig and Sammi Lanzetta, Kith and Kin (U.S.), Coupler, Girlpool, Ace Henderson, Comeback Kid, Paperhaus, Paint Fumes, Wand, Nick Hakim, Futurebirds, Grieves, El Ten Eleven, David Liebe Hart, Sheer Mag, Jenny Besetzt, Wing Dam, and Secret Guest (SC).
- Upcoming performances include: Zen Mother, Playplay and Deep Sleeper, Truth Club, Less Western, and Look A Ghost, Vesperteen, Mutoid Man, Helms Alee, and Lazer/Wulf, DJ PAYPAL, DJ Orange Julius, DJ Big Hank, Mel G, and Chocolate Rice, Flynt Flossy, Peter Brötzmann, Kate Rhudy, Waking April and Autumn Brand, Conan and North, Dylan Earl, Cool Ghouls, Arrogance, A Light Divided, Robbing Johnny and Ransom Pier, Smino, Cosmic Punk, Andy Shauf, Breathers, Brokeback, Charly Bliss, The Lark and the Loon, Oddisee, Eric Slick, and Tiny Hazard.
- Another reviewer, who book a flight to Raleigh, North Carolina to see his favorite band, comments that the acoustics needs some improvement and that the sound is too loud even if you’re wearing earplugs. However, he praises the intimate, inclusive atmosphere and the excellent bar service. He also notes that the food and drinks are tasty and cheap.
- A ticket buyer who regularly visits Kings says that the venue is small, but the atmosphere is unforgettable. Moreover, you have a great view of the stage, and the sound is loud and clear. He warns that there are many seats upstairs, so if you want to sit, you’ll have to come early.
- Another reviewer mentions that sometimes the music is too loud, but the performers are always top-notched. He highly praises the bar and its excellent selection of drink and cocktails and the bartenders who work quickly. He concludes that Kings is one of the best live entertainment venues in Raleigh, North Carolina and that he recommends it if you want to have fun and meet new people.
- A customer observes that it’s easy to find a parking space available near the venue and that the place is perfect for small concerts and shows. He mentions that there is enough room on the second floor to dance if you are in the mood, but warns that sometimes the crow is rude.